[Advaita-l] Sanskrit and Advaitic Truth

Ryan Armstrong ryanarm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 02:05:19 EDT 2018

Namaste

I met Paul some time in the 90s when I visited England.
I must add that much of his thinking would have been guided by Leon
MacLaren and the work he did and which Paul was a part of.
I do confess that not only have I not read his book, I did not know it
existed!

> "Sanskrit has all its words full of spiritual significance."

*Of course historically Sanskrit has also been used for quite mundane
even profane uses as well as spiritual ones.*

I would just like to point out the while Jaldhar ji is correct in general,
the statement "Sanskrit has all its words full of spiritual significance."
was not made in a general manner.
It was used by His Holiness when answering a question put by Mr. MacLaren
as to why Sanskrita should be studied and why English is inadequate for
conveying the fullness of the teaching of the Vedas.
So it was used more in the sense of "Reflecting on the Upanishads allows
penetration directly through the sound of the Sanskrita words"  rather than
"Everything written in Sanskrit is spiritual".

Regards
Ryan

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 at 05:51, Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <