[Advaita-l] Advaita Siddhi series 042 - upajIvyatvena pratyaksha prAbalya nirAkaraNam

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Nov 29 23:56:45 EST 2018

In their view, in deep sleep, the mind enters a nADI called purItat and it is said that no samyoga between the mind and the self happens when it is present there.

However that raises another question - as the self is present even within the purItat, won't a samyoga happen there too?

praNAms Sri Venkatraghavan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

If I remember right it is not only naiyayika-s view,  even bruhadaaraNyaka says about this puritat nADI.  For that matter even chAndOgya somewhere says tadA nADIshu sruptO bhavati.  So, this puritat nADI is like roots of banyan tree or blood veins which covers the hrudaya AkAsha says br. Up. Here only  there is mention about 72000 nADI-s.   But if I am right whatever is said about sthAna of jeeva in sushupti decided as karaNa upashAnta sthAna and sushupti is the state where jeeva merges with brahman since this sthAna is sarvOpAdhi vinirmukta sthAna.  Since karaNa (upAdhi) is the only 'AdhAra' to identify the jeeva and when this karaNa subsides in sushupti it is said that jeeva becomes one with brahman.  Hence circumstantially we can conclude that though it has been said that sushupti sthAna is prANa, nADI, hrudaya etc. ultimately as per siddhAnta brahman is the sushpti sthAna where jeeva is one with it.  It is because of this reason it has been said that in that state even veda-s are not veda.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!]
Bhaskar