[Advaita-l] The Foundations of Adhyāsa - 8 (The Three States)

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 01:13:06 EST 2018

Namaste

Your question is same as asking Who has to get Moksha? Not Brahman because
Brahman is always free. Not Jeeva because Jeeva is not different from
Brahman. Therefore there is no thing known as Moksha at all. Then all
Sastras become useless. Yes. But for Realized person only. For Unrealized
person Brahman is different and Jeeva is different. The Unrealized person
has to get Moksha. Only the unrealized person has to go to Tureeya.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 10:52 AM H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l <

> > Namaste Sri Kartik Ji,
> >
> > My query really did not stress on whether Turiya is the Fourth state or
> > not. It related to who “ rests in the Fourth state called Turiya “ as
> > stated in your first post. This doubt is now reinforced by the following
> > observation in your response
> >
> > << Thus in the Turiya state, ONLY THE INFINITE SELF EXISTS - there is
> > literally nothing else.
> > There is no "entering in and out of" any of the Three States. In fact,
> the
> > Three States
> > cease to exist when one realizes the Turiya state >>.
> >
> > I did not find the answer in your response.
> >

> > Anytime you feel I am unnecessarily harping on nonissues, please feel
> free
> > to say so and terminate the discussion. No hard feelings. I am only
> trying
> > to firmup my understanding of the Sidhanta. If incidentally it helps
> anyone
> > else it is a bonus.
> >
> > Regards
> >

> <
> https://www.avast.com/en-in/recommend?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=default3&tag=c38b8036-11b2-4cda-8073-9f1b65c98183
> >
> I’m
> protected online with Avast Free Antivirus. Get it here — it’s free
> forever.
> <
> https://www.avast.com/en-in/recommend?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=default3&tag=c38b8036-11b2-4cda-8073-9f1b65c98183

Regards