[Advaita-l] Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Grace of Sarasvati: An 11-year-old ‘vyasa’ of ‘Bhagavata Purana’

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 11:50:19 EST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Nityanand Misra <nmisra at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 9:48 PM
Subject: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Grace of Sarasvati: An 11-year-old ‘vyasa’
of ‘Bhagavata Purana’
To: <bvparishat at googlegroups.com>

Pranama-s to all list members.

We are in an age where one of our greatest fears is what will happen to
Sanskrit in the next generation. Will we have the such ‘pandit’-s, as we
had in the past, for whom ‘vidya’ is ‘kanthastha’? Amidst these fears, it
is heartening to come across ‘bala-vyasa’-s of the ‘Bhagavata Purana’,
which is considered the gold standard for Sanskrit scholarship (विद्यावतां
भागवते परीक्षा).

A few days ago, I chanced upon a news report on one such ‘bala-vyasa’:
Ayusha Krishna Nayana (Ayusha Nautiyal) from Uttarakhand. The 2017 report
said that  this ‘bala-shukadeva’, who was ten years old then, has been
delivering ‘katha’-s on the Bhagavata Purana since when he was just six
years old!! The report stated that he has committed the entire ‘Bhagavata
Purana’ and other Puranic literature to his memory. I watched some of his
videos and realized that the claims are true. This walking example of
Sarasvati’s grace knows the entire ‘Bhagavata Purana’, many other Puranic
texts, and the ‘Ramacharitamanasa’ by heart. In his ‘katha’ performances,
mellifluous Sanskrit verses flow out from his mouth like the flow of the
Ganga. They are followed by lucid explanations as the audience hears in
rapt attention. The voice is that of a child, the delivery is that of a
seasoned ‘katha’ artiste, and the content is that of a *pāradṛśvan* of the
‘Bhagavata Purana’.

Here is an example of his ‘katha’ performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S28lrY11VRo

Here is his interview from last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddZrz89em_0

Hoping many more such child prodigies are born in India and inspire people
to study Sanskrit literature and Hindu texts.

Thanks, Nityananda
--
Nityānanda Miśra

<#m_3429886097464210245_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>