[Advaita-l] In praise of ISKCON?!

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri May 18 03:59:49 EDT 2018

An Upanishadic Advaitic Etymology for ‘Nr-simha’
The NrsimhaTāpinyupaniṣat has given an etymology to the terms ‘Nr-simha’.
Shankara has brought out the purport of this etymology, which occurs as
part of the famous Nrsimha Mantra Rāja:
ॐ उग्रं वीरं महाविष्णुं ज्वलन्तं सर्वतोमुखम्।
नृसिंहं भीषणं भद्रं मृत्युमृत्युं नमाम्यहम् ॥

An article that brings out all this and also several other aspects
important to Advaita, such as māyā-avidyā identity, is available here for
download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d1va1ahtczbdd19/The_etymology_for_the_word_nrsimha_A

regards