[Advaita-l] A seminal Truth explained by Bhagavan Ramana

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 23:16:42 EDT 2018

Namaste Subbu ji
Thank you for highlighting an important distinction.

When this distinction between vRtti and svarUpa GYAnam is not fully
understood or accepted, then the idea arises of the *need* to indefinitely
keep *practising* the vRtti. And so it can then be argued that even an
exalted GYAnI (assuming some degree of assimilation of GYAnam as per some
scheme or the other like the sapta bhUmikA scheme, let's say) may fall or
have a 'cyuti' from GYAnam if he is not vigilant. On the other hand if the
shAstra based idea of jivanmukti is totally accepted, then we have to admit
the possibility that there are atleast some like Sri Ramana Maharshi who
have totally become one with that svarUpa GYAnam. For them there is no
sAdhanApexA.

Om

On Sun 13 May, 2018, 8:07 AM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <