[Advaita-l] Sleep, tamas and brahman

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed May 9 02:43:46 EDT 2018

Remember the very existence of waker, dreamer and deep sleeper - are all at the vaavahaarika level and sat ruupa braham is adhiShTaanam for anything and everything.
Hence Bri. Up statement has to be correctly understood.

praNAms Sri Sada prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thanks for your above and other clarifications as well prabhuji.  Yes, from this it is clear that sadrUpa brahman is the adhishtAnaM of anything and everything.  It is because of this reason only and due to absence of adhyAsa (karaNa upashamanadvAra) sushupti is called saMprasAda sthAnaM.  mAdUkya hence says in both 6th and 7th mantra this is the lord of all, he is sarvajna, he is the internal controller, he is the ONE source of all the origin and dissolution of all beings.  The adhishtAna brahma the witnessing principle in us which is no other than shuddha Chaitanya remains intact and quite unaffected by the appearance or disappearances of these states.  For that matter the avsthAtraya which we experience everyday admit neither of juxtaposition in space nor succession in time.  Strictly speaking we ought to conclude that sleep is only pure consciousness which is having no relation whatever with its manifestation in the shape of jeeva and jada…

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar