[Advaita-l] Sleep, tamas and brahman

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:50:58 EDT 2018

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 1:16 PM, H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l <

> ​Namaste.
>
> I think it is useful to bear in mind that there were advaitins even at the
> time of Sri Bhagavatpada who held the view that the Atman of Sushupti,
> namely AnandamayAtman, is indeed Brahman. No doubt this was refuted by Sri
> Bhagavatpada.

Could you please let me know where Shankara has refuted this view? I did
not find the 'anandamaya' being referred to as the Atman of Sushupti in the
Anandamayadhikaranam of the BSB where the vrittikaara's view is largely
stated and finally refuted. There, in the purvapaksha (for Shankara)
Anandamaya is given praachuryaartha and not vikaaraartha. But he is not
referred as the saushupta atma by either of the vaadins. Please clarify.

Thanks
vs