[Advaita-l] SIDDHANTALESASANGRAHA

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 05:25:38 EST 2018

Namaste Kameswararao,

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 1:15 PM, KAMESWARARAO MULA <kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

> Q:Then what are the methods available to know & overcome the Prarabda?
> what scripture say in this ?

What need or use is there to know the​ prArabdha of the body when one knows
oneself as brahmAtmA! Aparokshanubhuti says that even prArabdha is not
there for the highest jnAnI
. W
​
​hat this means that such a jnAnI has his niShTha in AtmA. Then where is
the question of his being affected by the bodies? Bhagavan Vidyaranyacharya
says in Jivanmuktiviveka that a jnAnI without niShThA has to practice means
to vAsanakShaya and manonAsha to get over botherations of prArabdha that
drags one to the level of the bodies. There is no other way.

Will it be possible for some one to overcome his Prarabda in this life?

​Yes, as above.
​

> Any Prayaschitta ceremonies or by the knowledge of the Self or Brahman,
> or by the full fruition of their consequences is possible?

​No, not for a jnAnI, but for an ajnAnI alone prAyaschitta is there since
he considers himself as the body or bound by the bodies. The guNas of the
bodies are taken as one's own. Then alone prAyaschitta is possible. Else
only by undergoing its results can one reduce prArabdha. This increases
titikShA for a sAdhaka, in my experience.
​

> For a Vedantin there is neither hell nor heaven. Who is to suffer? The
> Atman is ever dwelling, it is all-pervading. It is ever free (Nitya Mukta).

​guNA guNeShu vartante iti matvA... suffering accrues only to the one
having tAdAtmya sambandha/ associated with that which suffers​. Else
nityamukta never suffered, isn't suffering, will never suffer.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */​