[Advaita-l] SIDDHANTALESASANGRAHA

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 11:35:47 EST 2018

Namaste,

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 9:53 PM, KAMESWARARAO MULA <kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

>              *"**One unintentionally falls into deep sleep when the
> prArabdha for that particular time is over"*
>
> Did it mean that if some one sleeping in turiya/deep sleep is due to his
> Prabrada?​

​There is no sleeping in turiyA. turiyA pervades all three states, being
one's own svarUpa!
​

> Will it draw a conclusion that sleep is due to karma? pls explain.

​
This question is similar to "does one die due to prArabdhA"? I would say
that one dies when one's prArabdha karma in that life is over, meaning when
there is no prArabdha left. Similarly, one sleeps off when one's prArabdha
karma is over for the day/that time.
​

>  that means one should not sleep at all intentionally?

You seem to have mixed up sleep and deep-sleep. One chooses to lie down to
sleep, but there is no choice to go to deep-sleep (and dream).​
  ​

> although sleep is for the physical body.
> ​​

The deep sleep is for the physical bodies (gross and subtle).
​
​
Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */​