[Advaita-l] Something Shankara alone can dare to say....

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 08:43:45 EDT 2018

Bhaskar ji
The point being made by Subbuji is different. The vaishnavas and other
dualists don't dare to say that even devottama hari with chaturbhujas etc
is also a costume. For the dualists,  only the avatAras like Krishna
Bhagavan ate the costume which come and go. The one Being who manifested
these avatAras is himself said to permanent eternally have the costume of
four arms etc. That begs the question - what is the svarUpa of that Being
who takes on avatara costume whenever there is devata in dharma. What is
the nature of the who has donned even this devottama hari costume. It can't
be another nAmarUpa costume. That leads to anavasthA.

 It is revealed as nirguNa, nirvisheSha tattvaM. Only Shankara dares to
call a costume a costume, all the way .

The dualists don't want to accept that the ultimate truth is not one more
nAmarUpa costume and so they  stop with one particular iShTa devatA costume
as eternally existent .

As for the dvaitins being formidable pUrvapaxis , thats understandable
because they have invested so much emotion in to a particular theology.
They can hardly let their illusion drop without a fight. It takes special
grace of Bhagavan to dare to understand and accept advaita.

But one good thing is that indian dualists like the followers of Ramanuja,
Madhva and the Buddha have never engaged in mass violence on other
non-believers, notwithstanding the occasional exchange of fistcuffs in
temples over theological issues like whether the temple elephant should be
marked one way or another.

Perhaps this is due to the moderating influence of advaita on Indian
dualists.

The non Indian dualists on the other hand have killed millions in crusades
and jihads.

Just my 2c

Raghav

On Tue 26 Jun, 2018, 5:39 PM Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l, <