[Advaita-l] Previous Kali Yugas in Shastras?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 07:27:54 EDT 2018

Namaste.

Reg  <<I think with this way of perception, anyone can push any pet theory
in the name of shruti and claim that their siddhAnta might be / will be
there in the non-available portion of shruti-s.  How can we sort out this
problem ?? >>,

It is not a question of perception. It is what is stated by Acharyas.  Once
it is accepted that the available Shrutis are truncated versions, if
someone claims that his view is what is stated in the now nonavailable
portions of the Shrutis and he got a glimpse of the same through a vision,
its validity or invalidity cannot be proven through currently accepted
norms we are used to. It is a matter of faith. That is exactly how there
are a whole host of persons who are not accepting the currently available
versions of the Shrutis as well, let alone the nonavailable ones. The
question raised is not a new one.

Regards