[Advaita-l] Previous Kali Yugas in Shastras?

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:54:05 EDT 2018

Bhaskar ji,

Santhosh Rao was asking about the 'previous' Kali yuga-s.  We admit four
yugas, as a set, keep occurring in a rotation. This is called one
chatur-yuga. He was asking about the Kali yuga of  the previous chatur
yugas.  Is there any talk about the kali yuga of the earlier chatur yuga in
any of the scriptural works.  I think one possible place is the Briihad
Yoga Vasishtha where there is mention of 'many Ramayanas and Mahabharatas
have happened before'. This I guess is in the BhushunDa akyayika.

regards
subbu

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 9:23 AM, Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <