[Advaita-l] Atirudra Sathachandi MahaYagna Sarva Shaka Sammelana Mahotsavam Monday, July 16 to Sunday, July 22, 2018

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 09:35:14 EDT 2018

Namaste Sriram-mahodaya,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 3:46 PM Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <

> Don't know how Lalitha Sahasranama Archana is performed without being
> initiated into shrIvidya.
>
> Bhaskararaya Makhin has strictly prohibited the LS parayana in his
> commentary 'saubhAgya-bhAskaraM'.

​
I was unaware of this prohibition by bhAskararAya. Could you kindly point
to the section in LS commentary where this is mentioned? To clarify, this
is not to question that such a prohibition exists, but to myself understand
the context better, since we Havyakas do chant in our own sampradAya
without shrIvidyA initiation. There are some orthodox maThas that
proactively teach such chanting in abhiyAnas and promote pArAyaNa too.

Thanks,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */