[Advaita-l] Atirudra Sathachandi MahaYagna Sarva Shaka Sammelana Mahotsavam Monday, July 16 to Sunday, July 22, 2018

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Mon Jun 11 06:47:29 EDT 2018

Even parayana is 'strictly prohibited' for un-initiates as per shrIvidya sampradAya.

rgs,
sriram

 Subject: RE: [Advaita-l] Atirudra Sathachandi MahaYagna Sarva Shaka Sammelana Mahotsavam Monday, July 16 to Sunday, July 22, 2018
 To: "Venkata sriram P" <venkatasriramp at yahoo.in>, "A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta" <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>
 Date: Monday, 11 June, 2018, 10:41 AM

 praNAms
 Hare
 Krishna

 Is this rule
 applicable only for doing the archana with LS or mere
 pArAyaNa (LS stotra pArAyana as well ??)  Pls. clarify
 whether this rule is applicable for both stOtra and praNava
 with namaH as well.  If the initiation is mandatory for
 both the purposes.  I reckon most of the people would not
 follow this.  I regret to say I too donot have this
 initiation but I chant LS stotra, likewise my wife and both
 sons too without taking any initiation in bAla shadakshari
 maNtra.  For that matter most of the housewives are without
 knowing this rule very fluently chant the LS and there will
 be sAmuhika lalita sahasranaama lakshaarchana as well
 without even mentioning this rule.  I think this rule must
 be applicable if we chant this with praNava and namaH and
 not applicable if we chant LS stotra.

 Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
 bhaskar

 Don't
 know how Lalitha Sahasranama Archana is performed without
 being initiated into shrIvidya.

 Bhaskararaya Makhin has strictly prohibited the
 LS parayana in his commentary
 'saubhAgya-bhAskaraM'.

 Recently, I met Shri.Goda Sastrigal (before
 his's leaving for Ambal's abode) and clarified this
 aspect.  Sastrigal too confirmed the same.

 In order to chant LS, one must
 be atleast initiated in bAla-shaDakSari mantra (if not
 panchadashi).