[Advaita-l] Brahmajnani / Atmajnani

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 04:06:28 EDT 2018

Namaste Bhaskar ji,
It was only a speculation on my part - perhaps I should have said Acharya's
words reminded me of the shvetAshvatara upaniShad mantra.

However to your point about saguNa and nirguNa brahman, it is possible for
us to talk about the same person in two ways in the same sentence - e.g.
'the policeman who arrested the culprits is also a good father'.
One cannot argue say that it is impossible for a father to arrest the
culprits, nor can we say it is impossible for a policeman to be a father.
Ultimately it is one man.

Similarly, the one nirguNa brahman when donning Ishvara's uniform creates,
preserves, destroys the world and when donning the jIva uniform swims in
the ocean of samsAra.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan