[Advaita-l] The 'Snake-and-ladder' game - The Spiritual path

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 21:20:16 EDT 2018

This is prevalent in Andhra as Paramapadasopanapathamu with Vaishnava
terminology and influence.. Once you reach the top most row you are safe
because there is no more fear of punarjanma..
Only you have to make a number of oscillations across the top row till your
score leads you exactly to the Lord's square. Suppose the westerners
adapted it as snakes and ladders what is wrong. Why do we bait westerners
day in and day out.  The idea westerners are dumb and we are the only
intelligent people in the world is unrealistic premises. See what they are
doing in science and technology now. Even in the earlier cennturies our
people learned a lot astronomy from them. You will find the mention of
Yavanacharyas and Romakas in our astrological texts.

I played the above game in my childhood a number of times. Even now, may
be, it is played in rural areas.

regards,
Sarma.

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 4:51 AM, Dev Babu via Advaita-l <