[Advaita-l] BhAmAti vs VivAraNa

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jul 23 09:30:13 EDT 2018

 Dear Sri Subramanian,
  You write :         "Meaning: By whatever means the knowledge of the inner
          Self arises in seekers, that construct itself is appropriate here;
          it is not absolutelyunique. -Sri Sureshwara Acharya)"
   Sri Shankara, the Guru of Sri Sureshwara, writes in his commentary
   to mantra 2-4 of Kena Upanishad : " nAnyat dvAram antarAtmanO
   vijnAnAya | ataH pratyaya pratyagAtmatayA viditaM brahma yadA
   tadA tat mataM tatsamyagdarSanam ityarthaH ||"
So, according to Sri Shankara, to realize /cognize antarAtmA / Inner Self
there is only one way and this way alone is THE UNIQUE WAY.If any other way other than this is followed
it will not culminate in samyakdarSana.
Has Sri Sureshwara by making the above quoted statement gone
against the teaching of his Guru? Please clarify.
With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy