[Advaita-l] Doubt the liberator

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 02:05:53 EDT 2018

Doubt is called the liberator. It liberates us from the drilled-in
traditions, superstitions, fanaticism and plain nonsense. What we call
tradition is a body of not so coherent ideas put together by different
people, in different places, at different times, inborder to serve their
pet beliefs, biases, self interests etc. Incoherence of our tradition can
be seen in avery pronounced in the Puranas.  Any attempt to bring our
tradition together to make it a coherent whole is futile and next to
impossible exercise. If there is any thing useful in tradition it is very
small in volume compared to the body of traditional knowledge. Carrying the
burden of tradition is like carrying a whole hay stake for few grains that
it may contain.

regards,
Sarma.
​