[Advaita-l] Is Badarayana same as Vyasa?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 07:05:30 EDT 2018

PraNAms to all.
It is good that there are a lot of discussions on the topic.
While most of the discussions are centered on Bhagavat Paada Shankara accepting Badarayana is same as Vyaasa. This is no doubt about this.
Not only Shankara most of the Archaryas who have provided bhaashyas on Badarayana Brahma sutras have accepted that as a fact. There are  supposed to be close to 10 bhashaasa on Brahmasutras and every bhashyakaara start prostrating to Veda vyaasa before starting the bhaashya and also claim their interpretation is close to what Bhagavan Vyaasa had intended.
Regarding this, there is no question about. Someone mentioned that these questions posed as asmapradaayakam. For me, sampradaaya involves going beyond the bhaasyas and recognizing the truth expounded by our shaastras. In that sense, I am ardent follower of sampradaaaya and try to communicate the essence pointed by the shaastras, as discussed by our Acharyas. shaastrasya guru vaakyasya satyabudhyaava dhaaraNaa - saa shraddhaa.
The question that no one has addressed is - Do the Brahmasutras refute Buddhistic philosophies or not? If so, what is the data of the Brahmasutras and do we bring the Bhagavan vyaasa's period to post Buddha?
Quoting Puranas etc does not answer this question, does it?

Hari Om!Sadananda