[Advaita-l] Advaita-l Digest, Vol 168, Issue 4

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 22:59:51 EDT 2018

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 8:03 AM, Keshava Mahadeva <
keshava.mahadeva143 at gmail.com> wrote:

I don't understand hindi, but with the video frame on the right I was able
> to get what he is saying.
>
> Even Mahaperiyava has mentioned about Shiva Gita from Padma Purana in his
> Deivathin Kural.

Veda Vyasa has composed such sections in several places. One other example
is the Kurma Purana. In the Shiva Gita Bhashya, the commenting Acharya has
shown correspondence of Shiva's Vishva rupa with that of Narasimha in the
Nrsimha Tapini Upanishad. For Vedantins, it is Brahman and not any finite
deity that is the subject matter of the Upanishads and Puranas.   Thus,
they are able to see correspondence across all scriptural texts.  Ekam Sat
vipraah bahudhaa vadanti - One Principle alone is spoken of as many.

regards
subrahmanian.v

p.s.  You have copied the entire digest containing several posts, perhaps
by oversight.  This can be avoided by truncating the rest of the posts.