[Advaita-l] Is it appropriate for Sants (eg. Yogi Adityanath) be in Politics?

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 04:29:04 EST 2018

Pranams,

Before few months there was a discussion on having mandirs and chanting
vedas overseas.

If I remember correctly, there were comments quoting shAstra-s which even
prohibit meeting or dealing with a-sampradAyika people.

In context with these view, Puri SankarAchArya jI was asked similar
question. He has given practical answer.

Please find youtube link below.

https://youtu.be/oVyRwE9OZ_A

Puri SankarAchArya jI simple reply was that even if a-sampradAyika samsthA
like nAtha yogI-s, who do not believe in varNa vyanasthA, are helping the
cause of sanAtana dharma, for example, gau rakshA (closing of slaughter
houses), we must support their efforts and let go of their certain acts.

OM

Sujal