[Advaita-l] Is Tirupati's Balaji a Buddhist deity (Avalokiteshwara)?

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 04:14:23 EST 2018

On a somewhat similar note it would not be incorrect to say that while the
followers of Ramanuja accuse some Shaivite King as having persecuted
Ramanuja by forcing him to convert to Shaivism, Ramanuja too do the same
though in a different way. While he could not tolerate the several
Upanishads that unequivocally say Shiva as the Jagatkāraṇam, Ramanuja gave
a twist to those names and forced a Vaishnava meaning on them with the sole
view of seeing that no scripture contradicts his pet theory of 'Vishnu
alone is Supreme'.

regards
subbu

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 2:29 PM, Aditya Kumar via Advaita-l <