[Advaita-l] About apashudradhikarana.

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 00:29:47 EST 2018

Namaste

स्त्रीशूद्रद्विजबन्धूनां श्रेयस्करार्थं इतिहासपुराणश्रवणं प्रोक्तं , तेषां
वेदाध्ययनं अनिष्टप्राप्तिहेतुरित्यपि प्रोक्तं शास्त्रकृद्भिः । द्विजः यत्
वेदाध्ययनेन लभते तदेव स्त्रीशूद्रद्विजबन्धवः लभन्ते इतिहासपुराणश्रवणेन।

Not only Sudras but also women and Dvija Bandhus must get Jnana from
Itihasa and Purana only. Nowadays Dvija Bandhus are very very very common.
They are born in Dvija families but they are not doing Sandhyavandana not
doing Vedic study and so on. They are Dvijas in name only. They have lost
the right to study Vedas. Many of them will give lecture on Upanishad
subjects but it is all a big waste. They should restrict themselves to
Geeta and Advaita philosophy explained in Puranas and Itihasa.

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 5:10 AM, Shashi via Advaita-l <

> Dear Shashwata,
>
> I believe Sankaracharya says that the same Jnana available to dvijas by
> sruti is available to non dvijas through itihasa and Purana.
>
> Shashi
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Feb 17, 2018, at 11:41 AM, Shashwata Shastri via Advaita-l <
> >
> > Namaste all,
> > In apaSudrAdhikaraNa, a treatise belonging to Brahmasutra- Acharya
> clearly
> > concludes that Sudras have no right to access the srouta Brahmavidya
> > (examples such as vidura and dharmavyadha are exceptional. Vidura does
> > belong to a Brahmana father[Just like Aitereya] and the birth source for
> > dharmavyadha is a mystery). Depending on the situation- what are the
> other
> > means for a sudra to obtain the highest goal? Is it possible to realize
> > Brahman without the help of Sruti, since the verse shastraYonitwat
> > (vice-versa) also needs to be taken under consideration.
> >
> > P.S: No need to rage out. Question regarding scriptures should be dealt
> > with scriptures.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Shashwata Chowdhury
> >
> > For assistance, contact: