[Advaita-l] A verse on Maha Shivaratri

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 04:12:39 EST 2018

A verse on Maha Shivaratri

महेश्वरे वा जगतामधीश्वरे *जनार्दने वा* जगदंतरात्मनि ।
न वस्तुभेदप्रतिपत्तिरस्ति मे तथापि भक्तिस्तरुणेंदुशेखरे ॥ - वैराग्यशतकम् .

maheshvare vA jagatAmadhishvare janArdane vA jagat antarAtmani । na vastu
bheda pratipattirasti me tathApi bhaktiH taruNa indu shekhare ॥ - vairAgya
shataka of Bhartruhari.

Lord Shiva, who is the owner of this world, or Lord Vishnu who is in every
one's conscience - I do not differentiate between them. Both are equal to
me. But when it comes to worshiping, I worship the God with young moon on
his head (Shiva).