[Advaita-l] Question about Avaccheda vada

Aditya Kumar kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 07:33:17 EST 2018

Thanks for elaborating. This surely helps me understand your position better. I have to study this angle more. But I can notice resemblance with kashmir shaivism in this view. In KS, Parameshwara has supreme will, supreme potency to create. But this attributes kartritva to iswara which brings guna and karma into the equation. Naturally ishwara becomes obligated to create maintain and destroy and engages in its own samsara. Hence the KS call Shankaras Advaita as shanta brahma vada as no kartritva is attributed to Ishwara. Further if ishwara is the creator and brahman is witness only, then parinama vada is more reasonable than vivarta. Again I might be completely wrong about this. If both ishwara and creation are mithya then I dont understand how ishwara is said to be the lord and inner controller. It will be same as any other jiva, from absolute view.