[Advaita-l] shrAddha for the departed soul

Shashwata Shastri shashwata.unimas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 05:19:40 EST 2018

Dear Bhaskarji,
Pranam,
I would like to add a bit more->

Not just a way to remember our ancestors but also to preserve our memories
regarding vedic rites. The ground of SadAchara soley depends on the eternal
tradition of our forefathers. As achara itself has no independent existence
or formulated operations, therefore we have to accept the lakshana of
SadAchara which is our forefathers. If the memory of past-generation fades
away eventually we will lose our identity as Aryans or hindus. When the
root of a race is veiled away, due to external changes it is likely to get
diminished hence Varnasankara will appear. Primodial desires will take over
and we will encounter the rise of non-vedic civilization. The Laukika
necessity or lokachara precedes the spiritual (as eexperience regards
individual) necessity in this case.
Best Regards,