[Advaita-l] shivaraatri dates this year

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Fri Feb 2 06:20:56 EST 2018

Dear Sir,                    It was excellent thing you wrote to all of us & opened our eyes. Although there is no rule like that shivaratri come on a day which is combination of 13+14 of waning moon, but it is general accepted notation which is widely accepted . More or less what ever the reference you quoted nicely is also falls on the notation which is broadly accepted in andhra i.e hyderabad.
The Nishita kala puja is known as " LINGODBHAVA KALA ABHISHEKAM" at the same time you mentioned. How ever the shivaratri is on "13th February" & Govt holiday is on 14th Feb i.e valentines day.
regardsKameswara Rao