[Advaita-l] A 5th Century AD view of Vedanta (Some Comments)

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 03:03:05 EST 2018

Namaste Subbuji

On Wed, 26 Dec 2018, 13:53 V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com wrote:

> Venkat ji,
>
> This is interesting. Could you please elaborate on the above point you
> make?  When I read the message in those posts of Jaldhar ji, from Purusha I
> recalled 'Tam Tu aupanishad Purusham pRcchAmi' of the Br.Up. that Shankara
> has held dear to his heart. The Purusha of the Vedanta is the Brahman,
> knowable only through the Upanishads.

I have sent a reply to Jaldhar ji by a separate email that elaborates a bit
on the above point. Hopefully you received it. I was reminded of the
aupaniShada puruSha of brihadAraNyaka as well. However, the presentation of
the puruSha in mAdhyamaka hRdaya appears to be different.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan