[Advaita-l] A 5th Century AD view of Vedanta (Some Comments)

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 03:02:02 EST 2018

Namaste Venkatraghavan ji
Thank you for explaining  several notable points of divergence of Bhavya's
vedAntic pUrvapaxa from shAnkara advaita vedAnta.

In this context, I was wondering whether Acharyas Audolomi and Ashmaratha
and manDana Mishra are termed *Advaita vedAntic* Acharyas or just vedAntic
Acharyas.(given the not inconsiderable divergence between their and Adi
Shankara's positions)

I ask this in the context of your statement
'there is some evidence to hold that he (Bhavya) was not talking of
advaita, but something
else altogether.'

I was wondering whether it is  tenable to hold that there were other
earlier  *Advaita vedAnta* Acharyas who held positions different from Sri
Shankara? (This is different from just saying that there are vedAnta
Acharyas before Shankara.)

Thank you
Raghav