[Advaita-l] Live in the Present

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 08:23:10 EST 2018

Pranams.

Reg  << It is a thin gap where the past meets the future. This year is
present, this month is present, this day is present, this hour is present,
this minute is present, this second is present, this microsecond is
present, this pico second is present - until there is no present left. >>,

Perhaps the conclusion should have been howevermuch we may restrict or
expand, only the ‘ present ‘ remains.

An article by Sri Hiriyanna entitled ** An Indian view of ‘ Present Time ‘
** at the following link

<<
https://archive.org/details/IndianPhilosophicalStudiesMHiriyannaVol1And2/page/n129
>> page 121.

He brings out that in the matter of threefold divisions of Time into
past/present/future, several points of difference exist as between the
NyAya view presented in Gautama sUtras and the view of modern science. He
presents several sUtrAs and discusses them. But he concludes by stating
that yet there is a clear resemblance between the two as regards the view
they take of ‘ present time ‘. He summarizes this view as follows.

Quote  << The present is always a duration, though its breadth may vary and
need not necessarily be the same whenever present time is apprehended >>.
Unquote.

Regards

<https://www.avast.com/en-in/recommend?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=default3&tag=c38b8036-11b2-4cda-8073-9f1b65c98183>
I’m
protected online with Avast Free Antivirus. Get it here — it’s free forever.
<https://www.avast.com/en-in/recommend?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=default3&tag=c38b8036-11b2-4cda-8073-9f1b65c98183>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 1:33 PM kuntimaddi sadananda via Advaita-l <