[Advaita-l] Guru

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 07:00:22 EDT 2018

Pranams,
I will second the advise by Shri SAdananda ji.
There are two needs of a guru / AchArya
1. To study, gain guidance rites / rituals, practice pArAyaNa, and karma
kANDa related procedures.
2. To guide you to moksha i.e. help in japa, study of shAstra-s from P.O.V.
of moksha and meditation, applying it in daily life, etc

1. Go to Chinmaya mission or Shankara matha in Matunga or Chembur or visit
Chinmaya Ashram in Powai
2. Interact with the AchArya-s of these matha, gain knowledge, practice as
much as you can. Do not try to find a guru. When you are ready, guru will
find you. Ishvara will make arrangement for meeting both of you. Keep
practicing japa, reading gItA, etc. Listen to discourses by saints of
Chinmaya ashram. Keep praying to Ishvara to guide you to moksha or Ishvara
darshana or yoga, whatever is your goal. At a proper time, your guru will
find you and you will know certainly that 'this is my guru'. Ishvara will
make you realise he is your guru.

Trying to find a guru is a mistake, as we mostly try to find the good and
bad in the guru we choose. Our Guru is not 'our choice' i.e. we do not get
our guru as per our choice, just like our birth parents are not our choice.

If you wish to practice yoga, or preferably Kriya Yoga, Please be in touch
with Paramhansa Prajnanananda, disciple of realized guru Paramhansa
Hariharananda. They are not behind money, just mouth to mouth publicity.
Every week, mostly on Sundays, a group gathers and meditates. Paramhansa
himself gives initiation or his senior disciple may give initiation. One
initiation is enough for one life time.

OM

Sujal Upadhyay

"To disconnect from the self and to become Aware of anything else is
nothing but unhappiness" - Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi

He who has faith has all
He who lacks faith, lacks all
It is the faith int he name of lord that works wonders
FAITH IS LIFE, DOUBT IS DEATH - Sri Ramakrishna

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 4:17 PM kuntimaddi sadananda via Advaita-l <