[Advaita-l] The 'Snake-and-ladder' game - The Spiritual path

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:41:27 EDT 2018

You conveniently skipped the other points I mentioned that in the buffalo
example in the  Panchadashi which are essential.to set the context.    The
Advaita  Guru is helping the disciple *overcome his obsession with the form
of the buffalo*.   Its based on the *Guru's choice or injunction* not the
students own whim . You are assuming the student can just follow his whims
and meditate on whatever he likes. Otherwise, according to you,  it's
bigotry to say , only the Guru and shAstra should be adhered to. Not true.
Lets say someone who has as you say devotion to Allah or Jesus first let
him learn and appreciate shAstra from a proper teacher before jumping to
the buffalo example to justify his own minds fancies. Without a proper
teacher and context it's meaningless to say "why can't I take Salah to be
Ishvara?" The question shows that there is no ckarityvaboutveither Allah or
Ishvara.

 If you insist that without any Guru or shAstra, we can just imagine
whatever form we wish to and worship in whatever way our mind  wishes and
we call it bhakti or Advaita , thats ridiculous. I already quoted the Gita
to that effect but you don't seem to have seen it.   In effect you are
saying that the Gita  is bigoted because it does not endorse your view of
"devotion" to Allah.

Om

On Fri 10 Aug, 2018, 12:18 AM Kalyan via Advaita-l, <