[Advaita-l] The 'Snake-and-ladder' game - The Spiritual path

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:38:22 EDT 2018

The word Indra when presented as an object of worship by the veda means
saguNa Brahman. Kavya kantha ganapathi muni even compiled an Indra
sahasranamam. This refers not to a venal Indra but to Saguna brahma himself.

Also questions such as Indra did so many horrible  deeds etc., or Krishna
played with so many Gopis and is yet worshipped, are all standard questions
of missionary propaganda and already answered by the vedic scholars in
various ways.

Please note that tolerance to different worship traditions in advaita is
not a licence for 'anything goes ' . We also have 'yah shAstra vidhim
utsrRjya karma kartum ihArhasi...' in BhagavadGita  placing clear
restrictions on the ways in which such diverse forms of worship are
permissible.

If I go along with your thinking (i do understand you are only being
hypothetical) , its tantamount to suggesting that even a terrorist yelling
'Allah is great' and downing a plane is doing 'worship' and it too is
permissible because 'advaita allows different forms of worship'?

Clearly not acceptable.

On Thu 9 Aug, 2018, 9:12 PM Kalyan via Advaita-l, <