[Advaita-l] Sleep, tamas and brahman

Jay Kumar saipadukajk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 11:18:40 EDT 2018

Namaste to all.
My understandings about the three states of the mind related to ‘’sleep’, sadhana’ and ‘sidda’ of the seeker.
Sleep is the state of the mind dominated by the ‘thamasik’ quality and the mind is in ‘non-thinking’  mode and so it is a highly restful state. Obviously,  neither any ‘sadana’ can take place  nor the person knows that he is ‘mukthaha’ DURING  sleep.

?The seeker in the right pursuit of Self knowledge understands his original form as ‘Bhramman’ only in the waking state with sufficient preparation of the mind. Then, his predominant state becomes ‘[satvik’ and remains in the Restfully alert ‘Conscious sleep’ state during most of his waking period also, shifting to ‘rajasik’ state at his will for his activities  and his mind goes to ‘thamasik’ state for resting whenever required.

More clarification can be shared over phone, so with any contradiction.
Regards,
S K Jayakumar