[Advaita-l] [ADMIN] changes at advaita-vedanta.org

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun Apr 22 22:52:28 EDT 2018

I had hoped to make this announcement on the auspicious occasion of
Shankara Jayanti but last-minute technical problems have slowed things
down a little.

Nevertheless I would like to inform you that over the coming weeks there
will a thorough overhaul of the advaita-vedanta.org web site and mailing
lists.

Step one which takes effect today is the use of SSL technology on our web
pages.  This has been recommended by Google as a security and
privacy enhancement.  The upshot is if you previously accessed the site as
e.g. http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/ you should now use
https://www.advaita-vedanta.org/ instead.  I have set up a redirection on
the server so if you do type http it will be automatically translated to
https and if you omit the protocol altogether (i.e. just type
www.advaita-vedanta.org) I think modern browsers are smart enough to use
the right form but if you still have problems please let me know.

Other features planned include an upgrade of the list server (including a
much requested search engine for the list archives.) and a  redesign of
our currently rather old-fashioned looking website.