[Advaita-l] A query on Jnani's punya and papa distribution

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 04:32:33 EDT 2018

<< Hence the idea that 'others will be the recipients of a Jnani's good and
evil actions, both of pre-knowledge and post-knowledge periods, is no more
than vidya stuti and not to be understood in a literal sense >>,

Namaste.

I am reviving an old thread.

I am sure Sri Subrahmanian Ji would have listened to the Anugraha Bhashanam
 of HH Jagadguru Sri Bharatitirtha Mahaswamigal of Sringeri delivered
yesterday (20-04-2018) at Sringeri on the occasion of Sri Shankara
Jayanthi. This very topic was explicitly covered in his talk. What I had
stated earlier on in this thread is exactly in line with what Sri Swamigal
observed. He also cited the Bhashya in this regard. Unfortunately I do not
recollect the Bhashya  mentioned. As far as I know the only Bhashyas on
this topic are what I have already mentioned in my earlier posts (BSB
3-3-26 and BSB 4-1-13). If anyone can provide a link reference to the talk,
it would be of great help. Those who participated in this discussion
and  others
who are still interested in an authoritative answer to the question would
find it very useful to listen to the talk. The talk is in kannada.

Regards