[Advaita-l] Maya and Avidya

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Apr 11 08:41:31 EDT 2018

Dear friends,
 Sruti says "AtmaivEdagM sarvam ||" (Chadogya 7-25-2)Sri Shankara says : AtmA hi nAma svarUpam ||Hence if one knows his true svarUpa within himself  by himself all these concepts Viz,. Avidya, maya, jiva, jagat etc. etc. will be known to be none other than one's true svarUpa.Why not engage the aMtaHkaraNa to know one's true svarUpa instead of engaging to know know the above stated concepts?     KNOW that ILLUMINING CHANGELESS CONSCIOUSNESS WHICH IS PRIOR    TO ALL THESE CONCEPTS AND FROM WHICH ALL THESE CONCEPTS TAKE      BIRTH AND TO WHICH THEY MERGE BACK.So say Mantra 2-4 of Kena Upanishad and Sri Shankara in the shloka 1, Chapter 18 of UPADESHASAHASRi.No amount of knowing about avidya and maya will make one kRutArtha.

With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy