[Advaita-l] Chanting Gayatri overseas

Aditya Kumar kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 06:56:15 EDT 2017

 Settling down in a foreign country is not new. Technically, even Rama crossed the ocean. Rama said Janani janmabhumischa swargadapi gariyasi. But it is also true that, some people may feel inconvenient to stay in India and some may even feel oppressed. Instead of living like that, it is better to go abroad if it is conducive to self-improvement. But the kids who grow up in these countries will suffer from lack of Indian samskara. In that case, parents may opt for home-schooling until a certain age. As long as the intent of the aspirant is holy, there is no need to be harsh on oneself. A lotus blooms even in mucky swamp.