[Advaita-l] Chanting gayatri overseas

Raghavender Upadhyayula upadhyayula.surya at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 01:33:35 EDT 2017

Namaste Sriram garu,

I am taking liberty to voice my opinion amongst all the well read stalwarts
in this esteemed group.

I have to say that "Shistaachara" and "Shistas" would change with time.
Titles were awarded to their ancestors for strictly adhering to smritis.
Hence, people with such surnames should reconsider changing their names.

As a matter of fact, I know a family who carry that very title and had the
courage to go for a "sagotra" marriage. Luckily, they are settled in US.
These people do not even know their pravara.
Neither in India, nor in US do they do any nityakarma.

Would anyone call them "Shistas" or "Patitas" ? One can surely go for a
change in surname !

Raghu

Best Regards,
Raghavender

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <