[Advaita-l] SrividyA and advaita vedAnta

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 08:28:57 EDT 2017

Swami Tapasyananda of Sri Ramakrishna Math, in his Introduction to the book
“ Sri LalitA SahasranAma “ edited by him, observes as follows.

Quote from the Introduction  << The chanting of this SahasranAma is made
the concluding part of the Sri-VidyA UpAsanA, which includes also the
repetition of PanchadaSAksharI mantra and Sri-ChakrapUjA. But for those who
have no competency and facility to observe all the three, chanting the
LalitA-sahasranAma alone is considered sufficient.  >>.

In the phala shruti, the following is declared  by Lord HayagrIva, while
imparting this litany to sage Agastya, apart from other results.

Quote from the Introduction  << It is finally said that one who recites
this  SahasranAma out of pure devotion to the Divine Mother, without any
desire for worldly fulfillments, will attain the knowledge of Brahman and
release from involvement In the cycle of births and deaths (SamsAra).
>>.

The book includes a detailed Introduction by Prof. D.S. Sarma which the
Swamiji describes as follows,  << It is an excellent, appreciative, but
also critical, study of the Sahasranama as a piece of Stotra literature and
as an exposition of the philosophy of the Mother cult. It is both a
historical and a doctrinal study of the worship of the Supreme Being as the
Mother, which is current all over India in different part forms. >>

Regards

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 8:18 AM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <