[Advaita-l] Fwd: Question/Clarification on Chanting Vaidika mantras

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 22:32:52 EST 2017

Namaste and thank you for the response Rama ji.

On uccairudAttaH referring to the central note without any marks.

Look forward to learning more about your paper dealing, among other
things,  about how samAharaH svaritaH is understood with tasyAdita udAttaH
ardhahrasvaH etc.

On 21-Nov-2017 11:38 PM, "Balasubramanian Ramakrishnan via Advaita-l" <

Hello Raghav,

I don't have the time to go into this in detail right now. This requires a
whole paper, which I am in the process of writing. The svarita being udAtta
for half of the mAtra and anudAtta for the other half is only one of many
different ways of pronouncing a svarita according to ancient authorities.
It is clear from the prAtishAkhyas that there were many different
authorities who had different opinions on how svarita should be pronounced.
Now it's solidified into a few different traditions, and one should follow
sva-sampradaaya.

I hope the latter description below (de_vasya! is anudAtta-svarita-udAtta)
was not given by anyone teaching this subject. If it was, please run from
that place ASAP.

Rama

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 7:52 PM, Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <