[Advaita-l] Who is Ishwara? He is NARAYANA only. Beautiful and soothing Narayana Bhajan

Kalyan kalyan_kg at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 04:42:30 EDT 2017

//In Advaita the Atman is as though a samsāri. That means the Atman is not a samsari in truth. That is the correct position. Surely your position is not this. You think that the Upanishadic Brahman/Atman is really affected by avidya according to the Advaitin. That is not admitted by any Advaitin.//
Alright. Let us say I have not understood advaita correctly and the above is the correct position of advaita. So here we have, "Atman is in reality unaffected by ignorance", and "Atman appears to be affected by ignorance". These both statements summarize the advaitic position, as presented by you.
Now, if the Atman is appearing to be affected by ignorance, to whom does it appear that the Atman is under ignorance? Who is under the impression that the Atman is under the ignorance? It should be to the Atman itself for the Atman is the only conscious entity. Therefore, the Atman thinks that it is under ignorance when it is not really under ignorance. But, this is a contradiction since such a thinking itself is a real ignorance as the Atman is thinking mistakenly.  So the Atman is under ignorance and free from ignorance, simultaneously. Thus, the advaitic position leads to a contradiction.