[Advaita-l] The deniability of perception

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Wed May 24 09:27:42 EDT 2017

Sri.Sadananda - greetings,

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 4:16 PM, kuntimaddi sadananda <
kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Venkatraghavanji - PraNAms
>
> I was once a member of this Vaadaavali list - I found it more like
> jalpavali than vaadaavali - dominated by dvaitin there.

My understanding is that vAdavaLi forum is by design meant for inter-school
vAda. Your observation that dvaitin are dominated is not correct
assessment. If you see archives, there are so many arguments from various
Advaita scholars too among other atheist members (not subscribed to any
particular school but goes by new age silliness).

My rationale to invite members of this list to vAdavaLi is just based on
that fact that it was meant for such debate. Obviously I can invite for
Visistadvaita nor Dvaita forums as they meant primary to discuss on their
respective doctrine. If you know any other forums other than vAdavaLi where
one can debate freely without members getting irritated, I would whole
hardheadedly join. Please suggest.

> I quit the list when I found that it was useless to do any vaada there.

I am not sure why you say useless to vAda. I differ in that as for any
tatva-niSchaya to happen, one has to indulge/subjected his/her thoughts to
argumentation. Otherwise danger of one's position to the status of
kUpa-mandUka

> You are better of not joining the list.

That may be the best advice for the moment, but one will always left with
doubt that whether Advaitasiddhi has adequately and satisfactorily
addressed nyAmrita/tarangiNi's charges. If you do not have that doubt, good
for you, but for me I am not at that stage yet.

> If Shree Srinath has serious arguments against Advaita siddhi, it is
> better that he presents them here.

I am afraid it goes against list policy, which is to discuss "advaita-vedAnta
as taught by SrI Sankara and the smArta sampradAya"

> The list members are much more logical and if they have enough interest
> they would discuss. Most of the arguments of NyaayaamRita and Advaita
> Siddhi are based on Navya nyaaya and hair spilling logic with vikalpas that
> can only split the hair but not much substance from the point of the truth.

In that case, a question arises -- why at all navyA-nyAyA as a branch of
knowledge (or field of study) born and took prominence in the astika
sampradAya. One would have get away without it. So, are you saying all
those people dedicated to that subject are failure? I did not get your
rationale.

/SV