[Advaita-l] Sri Dakshinamurthy Stotra

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed May 17 09:12:27 EDT 2017

Namaste Praveen Ji,

Reg  << Now, to be sure, do they specifically say that
it is SDV/ NJV? >>,

The talks by Swami Dayananda Saraswati and Swami Paramarthananda each run
into about fourteen talks, almost 14 hours. I do not exactly recollect now
if they mentioned SDV by name. But they have definitely not referred to
DSV/EJV. Generally speaking, unless otherwise specified, SDV is assumed in
all advaita talks. Atleast as far as I know.

Reg  << However, all
verses of DMS, except for the 5th verse, have all the words that stand for
the कर्ता, भोक्ता, शिष्य, गुरु and दक्षिणामूर्ति in सामानाधिकरण्यम्,
meaning they have the same locus. That surely says its EJV, and since the
1st verse mentions आत्मनि पश्यन् बहिः इव, it also confirms DSV. >>,

I believe whatever you have stated applies to SDV as well. I have never so
far understood Sri Dakshinamurthy Stotra as representative of DSV/EJV !!!
However, right now I am not keen on a discussion on the subject. I would be
just content to know what any other authorities have stated on the subject.
None of the other sources I have mentioned have thought  it  fit  to
mention DSV/EJV  in connection with this Stotra. Except Sri Subbaramaiya.

Regards

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <