[Advaita-l] Advaita and Madhyamika Buddhism

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 03:14:58 EDT 2017

Namaste Sri Praveen Ji,

Reg  << I have trouble seeing what the author means with the last line;
while the concepts of shUnya and avidyA being compared, why has he suddenly
landed on concept of shUnya and concept of avidyA *nivRtti*? >>,

Perhaps this is covered in detail in the body of the text Shatabhushani, as
well as in Ishta Sidhi ant its commentary. However I think what is being
stated is that according to Madhyamikas sunya is applicable to both
Consciousness
and Creation, reality being denied to both, avidya of advaita  refers to
Creation only and by avidya nivRtti, reality is denied to Creation only,
Consciousness as its adhishthanam being the sole remainder.

Ofcourse  this is just my understanding based on other inputs and not an
understanding of Shatabhushani itself which I am yet to read.

Regards