[Advaita-l] jeevo brahmaiva naparaH

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Mar 16 06:20:15 EDT 2017

praNAms Sri Venkatraghavan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

An uncommon commonality in our view point hence happy to write :-)

True. kArya and kAraNa are simply two words, the substance is only one.

>  Absolutely right.

That being so, how can there be any sambandha when there is only one substance? Any sambandha, even tAdAtmya or ananyatva, presupposes having two entities between whom a sambandha is possible.

>  This bridge between kAraNa kArya not required really when we realize the 'sbustance' in two different words is ekaM eva adviteeyaM.  ekaM sat viprA bahudA vadanti..I  call 'neeru'  you call it 'taNNi',  someone else call it ' paani'  call it by any name the essence is H2O only nothing else.  mruttiketyeva satyaM :-)

Ultimately, no point getting attached to words and concepts like kArya, kAraNa, jIva, jagat, Ishavara, avidyA, mAya, satyam, Sankara said this, vidyAraNya said that, etc - because Brahman is beyond all these, and we have to necessarily drop every blessed thing in order to know that which is beyond knowledge.

>  again absolutely right prabhuji...I am in full agreement with you.  Why we have to be so fussy  in insisting  jeeva is the brahma but jagat is mithya etc.  when brahman is beyond jeeva, jagat & Ishwara !!

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar