[Advaita-l] nAsadIya sUkta in the taittirIya brAhmaNa - part 2

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 04:40:21 EST 2017

Namaste Subbuji,
You are welcome, although the task is still incomplete. There are 7 rcas in
total, and I have posted the bhAShya to only 2 thus far. As and when I get
time to type out the remaining, I will post them.

The bhAShya to the first mantra in the sUkta (in the email with part 1 in
its subject) makes a reference to an unmanifest state before creation.
sAyaNAchArya says: किन्तु काचिदव्यक्तावस्थासीत् | सा च विस्पष्टत्वाभावान्न
सती जगदुत्पादकत्वेन सद्भावान्नाप्यसती नो सदासीदिति यत्सङ्ग्रहेणोक्तम् तदेव
प्रपञ्च्यते ।

The third mantra and bhAShya which I will post to the list shortly, also
discusses this.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan