[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-605 to 1-627

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 14:58:44 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 12:49 PM, Vidyasankar Sundaresan via Advaita-l <

> No, nirguNatvam is not a guNa, no matter how many verbal gymnastics one may
> try.

This not dvaitin's aakShEpa on advaitins, but rather rAmAnujIya-s on
advaitins.

> Rather, the verse addresses how this eka deva is simultaneously the
> gUDha sarvavyApI sarvAtmA of the innumerable aneka bhUta-s. And still
> remains alone, kevala, one only, eka eva.
>
> It's just like saying nirguNaH and guNabhRt right next to each other, or
> sarvendriya guNAbhAsam and sarvendriya vivarjitam right next to each other.

I know how AV handles these verses using adhyArOpa-apavAda framework, but
such technique itself is not based on pramANa platform but rather supplied
from outside. This is the key difference between AV and others.

/sv