[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-511 to 1-524

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 10:28:09 EDT 2017

Namaste Sri Srinath,

Here the focus is if smriti can be called a pramANa or not. Validity is
only one of several conditions for a means of knowledge to be called a
pramANa (dispeller of prior ignorance is another). Memory may be valid (or
not), but because by definition, it is the recollection of something
previously known, it cannot be said to dispel the ignorance of an object
and thus cannot be termed pramANa.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan